….So you can imagine how pleased we were when we recently heard that it can actually be good for you! Check out some of the best reasons we can find not to feel guilty about eating one of our favourite foods!
- The amount of caffeine in chocolate is quite low compared to coffee and other things we sometimes claim boost one’s energy.
- Chocolate is a natural painkiller.
- Dark chocolate aids the “good” bacteria in your body.
- Eating chocolate can help prevent tooth decay.
- Chocolate’s scent increases the amount of relaxation-inducing brainwaves.
- Regularly eating dark chocolate reduces ones risk of heart disease.
- Eating dark chocolate can help protect your skin from being damaged by the sun.
- The anti-oxidants in chocolate will keep you looking young
…And one of our favourite Irish scientists/friend to the Midlands Science Festival, Professor Luke O’ Neill, recently informed us that its just a myth that chocolate causes acne, so better again! Everything in moderation of course, but for now after a hard day’s work ….we are happy to tuck in!