- The second most widely used product in the world after oil.
- It was worth 6 million tonnes per year in the mid 90’s.
- It is worth €30 billion per year to the producing countries.
- It is a living to more than 100 million people.
- It is consumed at the rate of 1400 million cups per day.
- The world’s second most popular drink after water
A common belief among coffee pundits is that good coffee depends heavily on good grinding. Is this true? Why not come along to our ‘Science of Coffee’ event which is taking place in Tullamore on November 13th this year. We are delighted to have the company and expertise of fellow Midlander; toxicologist and science communicator Dr.Craig Slattery (University College Dublin), to speak about the fascinating studies that have been done on this much loved drink on the day.
When is the perfect time to drink coffee [according to your body’s circadian clock], how do you make the perfect cup of coffee [boiling points and pressure are important], what does caffeine do to our body, there’s so much to learn! Join us at this very different science festival event, enjoy a relaxing cup of coffee and hear all about the science of caffeine in this free public event.
Where: The Coffee Club, Harbour Street, Tullamore
When: November 13th @ 10:30am
During what is shaping up to be a hectic week, this is definitely one we are looking forward to!