Compliance with Fundraising Principles of the ICTR
Midlands Science has formally committed to complying with the Fundraising Principles of the ICTR. Details of these principles can be found on http://www.ictr.ie/content/fundraising
As an organisation seeking donations from the public Midlands Science aims to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising [ICTR] Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness. We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in Midlands Science. We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share the mailing lists with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.
- Adapted from The Donor Bill of Rights, as originally developed by: Giving Institute (formerly the American Association of Fundraising Counsel), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) http://www.aafrc.org/counsel/index.cfm?pg=donor.cfm (accessed 031009
Feedback & Complaints Procedure
Feedback and complaints should be directed to Jackie Gorman at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 057 9323902.