- The amount of caffeine in chocolate is quite low compared to coffee and other things we sometimes claim boost one’s energy.
- Chocolate is a natural painkiller.
- Dark chocolate aids the “good” bacteria in your body.
- Eating chocolate can help prevent tooth decay.
- Chocolate’s scent increases the amount of relaxation-inducing brainwaves.
- Regularly eating dark chocolate reduces ones risk of heart disease.
- Eating dark chocolate can help protect your skin from being damaged by the sun.
- The anti-oxidants in chocolate will keep you looking young
…And one of our favourite Irish scientists/friend to the Midlands Science Festival, Professor Luke O’ Neill, recently informed us that its just a myth that chocolate causes acne, so better again! Everything in moderation of course!